Experience the Activities
At Oaks on the River Luxury Boutique Resort, we believe a luxury hotel experience isn’t just about the hotel rooms. In the right environment, getting out can be the experience of a lifetime. Our staff stands ready to set up a personalized activities experience in one of Georgia’s most pristine and breathtaking environments.
Signature River Tours
Take your event out on the water! Experience breathtaking river sunsets & marsh views as you cruise along the Darien waterways!
Beach Day on Sapelo Island
Experience the solitude and splendor of the pristine beach on Sapelo Island, one of Georgia’s prized barrier islands. Only accessible by boat, Sapelo Island offers a beach excursion you won’t find anywhere else on Georgia’s coast.
- Duration: 5 hours. (2.5- 3 hours of beach time.)
- Provided: Beach chairs, beach towels, beach games, Sapelo picnic cooler with lunch.
- Your choice of 4 canned adult beverages per person from our special Oaks on
the River “Sapelo Selection”
(Canned cocktails, craft summer beers, canned wines, and hard seltzers.)
N.A. options available.
- Pricing: $1200.00 for up to 8 adults. Additional $150.00 per extra adult up to 18 max.
Click here to view Sapelo lunch options.Check Availability
Wine and Local History Tour
Take it easy on the Delta Belle as you meander up the Darien River to Fort King George, where history lives. See where the British positioned themselves during colonial times to thwart the Spanish and experience history in just one hour
- Duration: 1 hour
- Guided river tour to Ft. King George
- Includes 2 glasses of wine per person, assorted cheeses, nuts, dried fruits, and crackers.
- Pricing: $550.00 for up to 8 adults. Additional $68.00 per extra adult up to 20 max.
Guided Nature Tour
The natural world of Coastal Georgia is one of its greatest assets. Experience the wonder of our pristine marshes, see wildlife up close, and meander through the estuary while enjoying good fun and good company. Bring your camera to capture the trip and cherish the memories.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Guided nature tour.
- Binoculars and wildlife identification guide.
- Pricing: $500.00 for up to 8 adults; Additional $55.00 per extra adult up to 20 max.
See the historic city of Darien at your own pace on two wheels. Coast past stately live oaks draped in Spanish Moss. Visit Vernon Square, Fort King George, and Butler Plantation. Stop in at quaint local shops and experience the riverfront vistas that accompany it all, right here in beautiful Darien, Georgia. Bike Rentals are offered daily at the resort based on availability.
The Darien and Altamaha rivers and connecting tidal creeks and estuaries are inviting
those who want to glide through or float atop the waters. Guided kayak tours are
available twice a day based on tides.
The Altamaha BioReserve comprises one of the foremost fisheries on the East Coast. Strict controls have created a continuing harvest for sport and commercial fishermen alike. From speckled trout, to redfish, tripletail, and tarpon, anglers can expect to find a wide array of catch in the Darien area’s coastal waters.
Call us at 833.550.OAKS (6257) for availability and pricing.